Time is moving on and term time getting closer! I set myself a task of figuring out which tasks I think need to be completed next. We have completed the blocking out of the videos.
One of the team members suggested we check out a series of videos on doing camera work:
Where I feel we are is; Animating the characters. Creating the controls and trying to get a natural feel to them.
I am drawn to animating the bird as it is more in line with what I would like to do. I also find it very exciting.
I checked out the Pluralsight series that I started last summer: Maya 2018 Fundamentals which involves animating the wings of a fighter plane.
I found this tutorial which is way more realistic as it is an actual bird – and its only 15minutes long. (15minutes usually means at least 2hours of following it along painstakingly every 2-3minutes).
I am genuinely interested in this and how it flies.
I did look up the Animators Survival Kit book, which gives a very short brief on how the wings flap in the wind.
I couldn’t find an image but this is quite similar:
The main tasks I see next are:
- Figure out the correct way to import from Maya into Unreal using a confirmed workflow
- Complete animation in Maya for characters
- Complete facial animation in Maya for characters
- Develop UV maps for objects and for characters
- Complete simple Rendering (minimum rendering requirements)
- Apply audio to the rendered output
- Apply simple lights
- Render output using Blender
- Figure out how to import into Unreal
- Apply weather system to Environment
- Apply correct lighting
- Render out scenes in Unreal
These are my initial thoughts at this stage.
Suffice to say they will change and could be wrong!